Activity 2-5-7 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan 112-0002 Published on: 01-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Zen Garden and Tea Ceremony (Kamakura) is special ?
Route: Kamakura Station, East exit -> Hokokuji Temple -> Jomyoji Temple -> Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine -> Kamakura Station
Hokokuji is known as "Bamboo Temple". About 2,000 straight and tall bamboos rise heavenward, and sunlight gets into them. In the bamboo garden, only the sound of streams and rustling leaves break the silence. This makes you feel like being in another world far from busy urban life.
Jomyoji is ranked 5th in the Five Great Zen Temples in Kamakura. In the tea room called "Kisen-an", you can be relaxed with drinking matcha (powdered green tea). You can also enjoy appreciating the dry landscape garden where rocks and well-trimmed trees are set out superbly. Japanese sweets complement the flavor of the tea.
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
This great shrine founded by the Kamakura Shogunate and also respected by the Tokugawa Shogunate was the center of "Bushido" (the spirit of the samurai). Walking along the flag stones from the massive torii gate, the vermilion Maiden (the Ritual Dance Stage) with a heartbreaking story comes into view up ahead. Up on the sixty stone steps stands Honden (the Main Hall) donated by a Shogun. This place commands a view of Kamakura City. In Hakko-do (a craft shop) at the entrance of the shrine, you can enjoy elaborate Kamakura-bori crafts (wooden artifacts carved in relief repeatedly lacquered in black and vermilion).
If you cancel your reservation, the following cancellation fees and remittance charge will be charged:
(1) 14-3 days before the program day: 20 % of the program fee
(2) 2 days before the program day: 50 % of the program fee
(3) one day before, on the departure day, or cancellation without notice: 100 % of the program fee
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please email us at [email protected] to check an availability and share the information.
- Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us at [email protected] as soon as possible. We
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into it and respond on the next business day.
- will check an availability.
- Guiding fee
- Tea?ceremony room fee with Matcha green powdered tea and dry confectionery
- Admission fee
- Public transportation fee for JR and subways (For taxis or hired cars, actual additional fee will be charged.)
- Lunch, beverages,Travel expenses to the meeting place, and shopping fees
2-5-7 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan 112-0002