Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Whale Shark & Sumilon Island Tour is special ?
- Tumalog Falls
- Whale Sharks in Oslob
- Sumilon Island
What to explore at Whale Shark & Sumilon Island Tour?
- 3:30AM – Pick up Hotel (if in Mactan)
- 4:00AM – Pick up Hotel (if in Cebu City)
- 6:30AM – Arrival in Oslob then Breakfast
- 7:00AM – 8:00AM – Whale shark watching or snorkeling with whale sharks
- 8:01AM – 9:00AM – Cool down at Tumalog Falls
- 9:30AM – Departure for Sumilon Island
- 10:00AM – 3:00PM – Sumilon Island Tour with Lunch
- 3:30PM – Departure back to Mainland
- 4:00PM – Departure back to Cebu City
- 7:00 PM – Estimated time of arrival in Cebu City
Note: Stop by to another places is subject for surcharge for driver’s overtime fee and fuel.
For Sumilon Island Day Tour
– Php 500. 00 per person when Sumilon Island Day Tour falls on weekends or Philippine holidays
For Snorkeling with the whale sharks
– Php 200. 00 per person for Local Guest
– Php 500.00 per person for Foreign Guest
* Inclusive use of snorkeling gears
Note: With or without own snorkeling gear will still have to pay add on fee. Whale shark watching (from the boat) vs snorkeling with whale sharks have different ticket fees and only whale shark watching (from the boat) is included in the package.
Please include in your message to us if how many foreigners and locals and how many will do the snorkeling. If you have children with you, please also include.
Sumilon Island is a 24-hectare coral island off the coast of Bancogon, Oslob, Cebu. The island hosts the Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort which developed the island into an eco-friendly haven for those who want to get away from the stress of city living.
The Island of Sumilon is located in the southeastern tip of the Municipality of Oslob in the province of Cebu. The island has an area of 24 hectares and has clear waters with varying aquamarine hues and white sand beaches in different areas of the island.
It is the first marine protected area in the Philippines and was created as a marine sanctuary in 1974 under the guidance of the Siliman University Marine Reserve of Dumaguete City in the nearby province of Negros Oriental.
Whale Sharks in Oslob
Whale sharks are spotted in Tan-awan, Oslob which is 10 km away from the center of the town. It started last September 2011 and become a tourist attraction and popular all over the world. Local fishermen’s interact with the whale sharks by feeding them by hand while tourists find it entertaining.
Tumalog Falls is located at Tumalog Oslob Cebu, which is about 10 kilometers from the town and 5-10 minute drive from the whale watching area.
There will be surcharge of 10% for the following dates:
- New Year: Dec 31 & Jan 1
- Christmas Day: Dec. 24 & 25
- All Souls & Saints Day: Nov 1 & 2
- Holy Week: March 26 & 27
There will be no whale shark watching on:
- Good Friday: March 25th
Refund and Cancellation Terms
- Cancellations received 1 day prior to tour date, 80% of the deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to tour date will not be refunded.
- No shows forfeit entire payment.
* Refund minus any charges we incur i.e administrative fees, bank fees, transfer fees etc.
- 1 Day Private Tour (15 hours Duration)
- Tour Facilitator
- Private Air-Conditioned Transportation – Pick up and drop off in any hotel, resort and residences (Cebu City and Mactan Island)
- 1-3 persons – Sedan Car
- 4-6 persons – Minivan
- 7-14 persons – Van
- 15 and above – 2 or more Vans
- Native Light Breakfast
- Entrance and watching fees
- Boat ride and life vest
- Whale shark watching (stay in the boat only) or swimming with the whale sharks if you pay add on fee
- Cool down at Tumalog Falls
- Sumilon Island Day Tour
- Round trip boat transfers from mainland to Sumilon Island and vice versa
- Lunch at the Pavilion
- Nature trekking
- Fish Feeding
- Snorkeling at island sand bar with free use of mask and snorkel
- Use of resort facilities including beach, inifinity pool, picnic grove, payag ang shower rooms
- Government taxes and service charge (except payment transaction service charges)
Whale Shark & Sumilon Island Tour serves Private tour.
(1 - 1 participants.)177.00 USD
(2 - 2 participants.)123.00 USD
(3 - 3 participants.)109.00 USD
(4 - 4 participants.)93.00 USD
(5 - 5 participants.)91.00 USD
(6 - 6 participants.)86.00 USD
(7 - 7 participants.)82.00 USD
(8 - 8 participants.)78.00 USD
(9 - 9 participants.)75.00 USD
(10 - 10 participants.)73.00 USD
(11 - 11 participants.)71.00 USD
(12 - 12 participants.)69.00 USD