Restaurant Basement, No.38-44 D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong, China Published on: 10-08-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Volar Bar is special ?
Volar has ruled over the Hong Kong nightlife circuit as the city’s coolest club, cementing its reputation over the past 9 years with the hottest local and international DJs. After a brief hiatus in 2013 for an extensive renovation, Volar returned in a big way—cooler, louder, and better than ever. Boasting a sleek new design, state-of-the-art lighting systems and acoustics, partygoers can expect an unparalleled clubbing experience that defies the senses. Volar two separate rooms churn out a range of music styles through its powerful 5-way Turbosound speaker system, supplying its attractive and stylish clientele with everything from hip-hop to R&B to dubstep to electronica and more. A tour of Lan Kwai Fong isn’t complete without a stop at this underground institution—it’s the pinnacle of a good night out.
What to explore at Volar Bar?
- The buzz: Volar has long been a mainstay of the LKF scene, but it’s never rested on its laurels: hence their decision to shut up shop for two months to accommodate a total overhaul of the space. Although the club’s music may be the most thunderous in LKF, thanks to state-of-the-art acoustics and speaker technology, you can still hear people talking in your ear while the music is playing.
- The décor: The 5,000-square-foot club is divided into two main rooms: the Club Room and the Electronic Room. The new design focuses on highlighting light and sound through décor, with a futuristic, clean and crisp look.
- The drinks: To complement its new look, Volar has also redesigned their drinks. Aside from the standard bubbly, Volar’s mixologists have ripped up their old cocktail list and launched a whole new line of drinks in support of their new goal: to invade LKF as a prime happy hour location. On a hot summer day, try the When Libra Met Gemini, a fruity blend of fresh apple juice, dark Belgium rum, and peach schnapps. Otherwise, order the Volcanic Eruption for a little bit of zing. The somewhat savory cocktail is made with Pandor absinthe, lime, grapefruit, and two red peppers, which add a punch to the drink and a tickle to the tongue. On the hunt for a truly one-of-a-kind drink? Try the Naughty Alice: a light, sweet concotion made with elderflower liqueur, which infuses the drink with a delicious, but not overbearing, floral flavor.
- they still have a photo booth for your drunken selfie needs, some of the best international and local DJs regularly spin at the club. If you hear sick beats booming from some unknown location in LKF, head down Volar’s stairs to dance your heels off.
How to get to Volar Bar?
- It’s located in the heart of Lan Kwai Fong, so to reach Volar Bar, you can go to Lan Wai Fong by 2 ways:
+ By MTR: Exit from D1 of Central, turn right to Pedder Street and walk until you reach Queen's Road Central, turn left when you get to D'Aguilar Street, walk straight along D'Aguilar Street and you will reach Lan Kwai Fong. It takes 10 minutes or so to walk. (Note that the MTR generally runs to half past 12 at night and starts at half past 5 in the morning, so visitors have to take a taxi if they stay too late.)
+ By Bus: 12M, 13, 23A and 40M; green special line bus 10A and minibus 10B.
From the Peak: Take the peak tram down the hill and get on 15C at peak tram terminus. Alternately, take minibus line 1 at the square of the peak, (the road is bumpy) and then walk about 10 minutes from the Central bus station.
- Then, make your way to Basement, 38-44 on D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central. You will find Volar Bar in the basement of the building.
- A large basement space
- In the heart of Lan Kwai Fong
- A premier nightlife destination in Hong Kong
- Variety music ranges
- Perfect decoration
- Noise level Loud
- Budget Medium
- Alcohol YES
- Air condition YES
- Had kid menu NO
- Accept credit card YES
- Serve breakfast NO
- Serve halal NO
- Serve vegeterian NO
Basement, No.38-44 D'Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong, China
Tips for you
- There is a TV to watch football matches and films. - You can get access to internet easily. - There is a Dj playing every nights including Derrick Carter, Honey Dijon and Miss Kittin. - There is a cosy VIP area for you to enjoy. - The lounge side is where you can relax with your friends for a quieter drink and also where you can talk without shouting and spitting in your friends ear.Service
Best Club in Town!!!!!
If you are in LKF late night and looking for a venue to get your party on, come here.
Try out the Champagne Fruitini
The place (ambiance, music, drinks prices) is pretty fine. Avoid horse rides when drunk!
In a town where glitz and partying are commonplace, this club on the legendary LKF strip caters to exclusive clientele. Be ready to pay for service – it's worth it. The bar attracts lots of great-looking people and gets crowded late in the evening. True party-goers will want to get a bottle of champagne – the staff of scantily-clad women will bring your bottle to the table with a full display of firework sand fanfare. A must-see for any true party-lover in the HK area.
If you are in LKF late night and looking for a venue to get your party on.The place (ambiance, music, drinks prices) is pretty fine. Cool scene with better mix of locals and models vs idiot Brits than Dragon-i. Go deep to find the urban room, Only gets good after 2am or so. Look out for horses! Avoid horse rides when drunk.