|09:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Highlight of the city|
Food & Cooking Class
Tamarind’s Lakeside Cooking School is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Tamarind’s Lakeside Cooking School is special ?
- WE TAKE YOU TO ‘TAMARIND GARDENS’ TO COOK AND EAT
Varieties of jeow: the fundamental Lao spicy dipping sauces
- Mok Pa, a popular dish of herbed fish steamed in banana leaves
- Tamarind’s speciality: lemongrass stuffed with chicken & herbs
- Laap/koy, a minced meat salad, fragrant with herbs
- Dessert course: a surprise!
- Of course you’ll learn the art to perfect sticky rice and its eating etiquette.
YOU’LL POUND INGREDIENTS IN A MORTAR & PESTLE, COOK OVER AN OPEN FIRE, EAT YOUR FILL.
- Vegetarian alternatives available, not just tofu!
- Recipe book
- Transport from our restaurant to the cooking school included
- Excellent photo opportunities!
What to explore at Tamarind’s Lakeside Cooking School?
Full day class: 9-3pm, 285,000 kip,
Monday to Saturday
Evening class without market tour, cook one less dish:
4.30pm-8.30pm, 215,000 kip, Monday to Saturday
- “One of the very best things to do in Luang Prabang!”
- “Laos Cooking sensation...”
- “An enjoyable cooking experience”
Luang Prabang, Laos
Tips for you
We had a great time. For the cooking class they take you somewhere else out of town in a group of 12. The place you do the class is very nice and beautiful. The chef of Tamarind is the teacher and also provides help to make sure you are not screwing your dish ;). He is good, very professional, knows what he is doing and he is very funny. His English is very good too. So the course is very informative, practical, and you learn while having many laughs. We were also lucky that all the participants were very friendly and from the ride up we introduced ourselves and had a great time. Everything you cook is local and gives you a good idea of what the ingredients are, and how and why they use them. After you cook and do the work, they have the table ready for you to sit down and have a great dinner. They also offer alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (extra cost) to have with the meal. And apart from what you cook, they also give you extra Laos food to have a taste.... Be ready to eat lots of delicious food! :)