Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Otres Beach is special ?
- Otres beach streches a three kilometer crescent of near white sand facing the southwest. - It’s a beautiful, clean, quiet and more relaxed than anywhere in Sihanoukville.
- There many bungalows and small guesthouses on the beach, most sitting right on the sand just a few meters from the water.
- There are no hotels, spas or large restaurants on Otres, just a string of beach-shack bars, restaurants and bungalows stretching along the sand serving seafoods, each place has its own unique flavor
What to explore at Otres Beach?
At the northern end of the Otres beach also has an expanding range of activities on offer:
• Hurricane Windsurfing , which rents out paddle boards (per hour US$8),
• Windsurfers (basic/high-performance boards per hour US$10/20),
• Sea kayaks (single/tandem per hour US$4/6)
• Skim boards (try bungee skim boarding).
About 700m south, near the main cluster of guesthouses:
• Blue Lagoon Kitesurf Centre.
• Daily boat tours to four islands (per person US$15 including breakfast, lunch, snorkelling and a drink or two).
Way down to Otres Nautica:
• French-run outfit that rents tandem sea kayaks (per hour US$4)
• Hobie Cat sailing catamarans (per hour US$10) that you can take out to nearby islands.
• A boat for snorkelling or island-hopping excursions.
At the northern ‘near end’ (Otres 1) is dozens of beachshack bars and restaurants squeeze together along a kilometer of sand.
Plenty of different sorts of places to choose from, some staying open quite late, offering events, music and such.
There are also a dozen-plus guesthouses and bungalows lining the beachfront road 20 meters from the water.
How to get to Otres Beach?
- - Great beach, and fresh air
- - Chilled and in the nature
- - Best beach in Sihanoukville
- - Little paradise
- - Lovely beach and great sunset
Otres Beach, Cambodia
Tips for you
Best beach in Sihanoukville! Don't miss it! Stay here instead of Serendipity and the other beaches!
.great escape from the noise in Occheuteal Beach. :) Most of the people who stay here are locals Khmer.
Have a cocktail on the beach at Mien Mien or Sunshine Cafe! They both have happy hours and great prices for rooms! Tell them, Dan Mack, said hello!!!
Best beach in Sihanoukville Don't miss it! Stay here instead of Serendipity and the otherbeaches!...
This place is absolutely gorgeous! We hadn't even planned to visit Sihanoukville during our backpacking trip around SE Asia but we made friends with another couple that were headed that way so we thought we would go too and it did not disappoint. Otres beach is a really untouched beautiful place in that part of the world and there are not many places left like it where tourism hasn't taken over completely. The people there were so friendly and it wasn't all about hassling tourists and on top of you always to buy something or come to this restaurant or that place, it was much more chilled out and relaxing and just very enjoyable. The locals are very friendly and just seem to want to make your stay as easy as possible. There is some lovely accommodation across the road 9which is just a red dirt track!) from the bamboo shack which I can't remember the name of but they were little bamboo bungalows that cost about $10 per night and they were just beautiful! A great experience for the backpacker who would like to experience a quiet, peaceful few days in this area