Activity Me Linh Point Tower, Suite 2105, No 2 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ho Chi Minh City Published on: 02-06-2017
|08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Car Rental Boat|
|Highlight of the city|
Cultural & Theme
Multi Days & Package tours
Mekong Delta Two Day Tour is good for
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Mekong Delta Two Day Tour is special ?
Visit local farms and houses to learn how people live along the river. Stop at Cao Dai Temple and Buddhist pagoda to see the diversity of religions in Vietnam.
- Pick up your hotel
- A light breakfast is served on board.
- Visit Can Giuoc riverside market
- Enjoy a brief stop at the Pagoda
- The Delta of Nine Dragons
- Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at the floating restaurant
- Visit a fish farm
- Relax by the river
- The Island Lodge to continue exploring the Delta.
- Visit Cai Be floating market
- Enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta
- Visit a brick atelier
- Visit rice noodle, roof and nail nippers workshops
What to explore at Mekong Delta Two Day Tour?
Day 1 :
- 8:00am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City pier.
- 8:15am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals, and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
- 9:00am: Visit Can Giuoc riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities!
- 10:00am: Enjoy a brief stop at the Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance of Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
- 10:30am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
Depending on the route, you will visit a traditional riverside house with huge Burmese pythons as pets, a quaint Mekong village and surrounding rice paddies, and then a traditional farmhouse where you’ll sample coconuts and Mekong whisky.
Or you will visit a local merchant and try a range of Mekong produce, and whisky and wine. You’ll walk along the banks of the river to a traditional rural Vietnamese house where 3 generations live, before exploring a charming village where you can try fresh coconuts from the tree. This variation provides fascinating insight into life in the Mekong Delta region.
Please note: Our tours are flexible. Your guide may combine parts from both routes.
- 12:30pm: Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at the floating restaurant.
- 2:00pm: Visit a fish farm to see how the fish is raised in the Mekong Delta.
- 2:30pm: Arrive to the boutique hotel The Island Lodge. Relax by the river, chill at the pool or take a bike ride on the peaceful alleys of the Unicorn Island full of shady fruit trees.
In the evening have a delicious dinner specially cooked for you by a French chef.
- 7:30am: Have breakfast at the hotel and depart The Island Lodge to continue exploring the Delta.
- 8:00am: Visit Cai Be floating market to see how locals run their trading business on the river.
- 9:30am: Enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms.
- 10:30am: Visit a brick atelier to see how locals still use traditional technologies to make bricks.
- 12:00am: Stop at a floating restaurant to have a delicious Vietnamese lunch.
- 1:30pm: Take a ride on “xe loi”, a traditional transport used on the villages of the Mekong Delta. Visit rice noodle, roof and nail nippers workshops.
- 3:30pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
- 5:30pm: Arrive back in Saigon. Les Rives’ staff will return you to your hotel by car.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
- minimum 2 pax*
- Lunches, dinner, overnight stay at The Island Lodge
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
- English-speaking guide, all entrance fees, hotel pick-up and drop off.
Me Linh Point Tower, Suite 2105, No 2 Ngo Duc Ke Street, Ho Chi Minh City