Restaurant Japan, 〒604-0841 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 中京区車屋町通二条下ル仁王門突抜町322 Published on: 11-06-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Honke Owariya is special ?
- Hourai Soba (cold): Soba with a set of 8 small toppings: shiitake mushrooms, shredded thin omelet, sesame seeds, shrimp tempura, wasabi, nori, Japanese leeks and grated daikon
- Sobazushi: Sushi of Soba (soba, omelet, shiitake mushrooms, boiled mitsuba and wasabi rolled and wrapped in nori), with dipping sauce
- Rikyu Soba (hot): Kake Soba topped with Rikyu-fu, mitsuba and yuba, aromatized with yuzu peel
How to get to Honke Owariya?
2min walk from Karasuma Oike Station, Karasuma & Tozai subway line
- One of the oldest restaurants in the world
- Perfect to the bite and flavorful
- Incredible Soba Experience in Kyoto
- A must-visit in Kyoto, and with good reason
- Great little noodle shop that should not be missed
- Noise level Small
- Budget Medium
- Alcohol NO
- Air condition NO
- Had kid menu NO
- Accept credit card YES
- Serve breakfast NO
- Serve halal NO
- Serve vegeterian NO
Japan, 〒604-0841 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 中京区車屋町通二条下ル仁王門突抜町322
Tips for you
Came here for the experience but remember it for the soba. Food was traditional and delicious. Soba cooked to perfection, cold and hot. We were surrounded by locals enjoying their meals which lets you know this is no tourist trap. This is a great little noodle shop that should not be missed.
Get the hourai soba with 5 levels of soba or the Kyo yasai seiro with speciality Kyoto vegetables. Highly recommended.