Attraction Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Lantau Island, Hong Kong Published on: 01-08-2016
|10:00 AM - 09:00 PM|
|First-time visit Second-time visit|
Parks & Aquarium
Hong Kong Disneyland is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Hong Kong Disneyland is special ?
As the newest Disneyland in the world, Hong Kong Disneyland is a must-see because of its special attractions and the inimitable sense of Chinese culture. Walking into it, you feel you are in a wonderland. Accompanied by Mickey Mouse and other Disney friends, you start a fantastic and magical journey. With unique scenic spots and Disney Theme Hotels, you can go escape from the real world, and make your dreams come true. The availability of delicious Chinese and Asian food is also a lure for many visitors and Disney fans.
The park consists of seven themed areas: Main Street, U.S.A., Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point, and Toy Story Land.
What to explore at Hong Kong Disneyland?
Entering Main Street, you will be amazed by the delicate buildings, dim gas lamp and Paddy Wagon passing by. Antique taxi cabs, Disneyland Railroad and the City Hall transports you back to America of the early 20th century. There are Chinese elements here too.
Plaza Inn, the first Chinese restaurant in Main Street, complete with 19th Century Chinese table service. With the image of cartoon heroine Mulan everywhere, you come to the conclusion that Mulan is really at home now.
Market House Bakery and Main Street Corner Cafe are also good places for you to enjoy. Fingering in Emporium and Main Street Mercantile, having a look in The Curiosity Shop and Silhouette Shop, you will surely find timeless treasures.
If you feel courageous, try Adventureland. Guided by a brave captain, Jungle River Cruise will take you into the heart of hidden regions. Hippos, cobras, elephants, orangutans and startling jungle events are waiting for you.
Adapted from Disney's animated classic 'The Lion King', this colorful pageant of music and dance is just like a classic music drama because of its consummate performers, costumes and exotic scenery. This is a show that will appeal to all ages. Traveling by raft in the Rivers of Adventure, you land at your destination: Tarzan Island. Exploring Tarzan Island and visiting Tarzan's Treehouse reminds you of the story of this human child raised by gorillas.
-Fantasyland: Cinderella Carrousel, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Sword in the Stone, Mad Hatter Tea Cups, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Snow White Grotto to make all your storybook dreams come true. You can also join Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and many other friends at a dizzying 3-D attraction in Mickey's PhilharMagic.
+ Tomorrowland: Screaming in Space Mountain, you will have no time to appreciate the sparkling stars because of the exciting roller coaster. In Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, you can fly in your space capsule and fight against the aliens with your space gun. If you are weary of the breathtaking attractions, Orbitron is a good choice for you to fly above Tomorrowland and take a rest. After space traveling, take a break at Starliner Diner and Comet Cafe to enjoy some 'earth' cuisine that you can not taste in outer space. Also, Space Traders and Star Command Suppliers will gives you a chance to do some space shopping. Don't forget to watch the Grand Parade and Firework Play after a whole day's play!
+ Disney Theme Hotels with unparalleled accommodation.
How to get to Hong Kong Disneyland?
- By Disney Resort MTR Line: Travel by Hong Kong MTR network and change for Disney Resort Line at Sunny Bay Station. It takes about 23 minutes from HK International Airport, 30 minutes from MTR Kowloon Station and 33 minutes from MTR Hong Kong Station. The MTR line operates from Sunny Bay from 06:15 - 00:45, from Disneyland Resort Station from 06:20 - 00:40. The frequency is about 4-10 minutes.
- By Bus: Bus R11 (to North Point) and R22 (to Yau Tong) operate daily 15 - 45 minutes after the fireworks display in the evening, Bus R33 (to Tuen Mun Railway Station) and R42 (to Tai Wai Railway Station) operate 20 minutes after the fireworks display. In Sundays and public holidays, Bus R33 and R42 run from Tuen Mun and Tai Wai to Disneyland Resort Public Transportation Interchange at 09:00, 09:20 and 09:45. Visitors can also take any 'A' or 'E' bus routes to Lantau Link Toll Plaza and change with route R8, which runs every 10-25 minutes from 06:00-00:05 to the site.
- By Cross-boundary Bus: There is shuttle coach service from Huanggang to Disneyland from Monday to Friday & public holidays.
- By Taxi: Three types of taxis provide services to and from Disneyland, Urban Taxi (red), New Territories Taxi (green) and Lantau Taxi (blue). Blue one is the cheapest but only operates in all areas in Lantau Island. Red one can operate in almost all over Hong Kong, but the most expensive.
- Indeed the happiest place on earth
- Out of the world feeling
- Fun Filled Day with Family
- Heaven for kids
- Disney magic feeling
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Tips for you
Make sure not to miss the 'Flights of Fantasy Parade' along Main Street USA around 3:30 PM!
"The Golden Mickeys" show at Fantasyland is a must-watch!
Good park but the Mainland Chinese visitors are such a awful people! Feel compassion of the cast members working here (that sometimes be hit by those barbarians!) Philharmonic is my Disney-favorite!
Awesome experience ! You find yourself in the dreamworld with beautiful artificially constructed squares and buildings, amidst the cartoon creatures you have admired for long. There are many fun rides. I have always stayed away from swings due to motion sickness , so was a bit apprehensive about the rides. But these rides are comfortable and amazing. For a photography lover, the place is a paradise. You will get abundant of pics to keep on updating your facebook profile pics everyday for a month the parade (twice in the day) at 3 pm was an out of the world experience with all your favourite characters with many dancers and performers passing in front of you, waving and even shaking hands with your kids. The fireworks at about 9:15 pm are amazing. Though it's not something new for the indians as the festival of Diwali is celebrated every year, yet the way it is managed and arranged is extraordinary. You can't think of visiting hongkong and without visiting DISNEYLAND.
wear comfy shoes and breezy clothes (unless you're coming on Winter) -- Spend the entire day for a leisurely walk around the park and make sure you enjoy the beautiful Fireworksaround 9pm :)