Image copyrights belong to authors
Why HanoiKids Tour is special ?
Take a free city tour with Hanoi Kids - This is a great organization! They suggest a lot of different tours however you can customize it any way you like. A easy walking tour of the Old Quarter through the markets with an introduction to some delicious egg coffee is a must try when in Hanoi.
More than all, we are desperate to become little ambassadors of Vietnam.
What to explore at HanoiKids Tour?
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR BOOKING A TOUR
- Your full names and nationality (for reception desk contact)
- Number of participants
- Date and time (please note that most Hanoikids members are available from 9am-12pm and 2-5pm everyday but this is very flexible. Which would you prefer, a full day or a half day tour?)
- Places you would like to visit (please take a look at the tour options listed in this link to choose your preferred one, but feel free to email us for your favourite sites other than our options)
- Special request (please let us know if you have any special request, for instance: special concern on food, architecture, shopping, etc.)
- Means of transportation (would you mind traveling by taxi?)
- Your hotel and its address (or your prefered meeting place
- Hanoikids is a voluntary club so we do not require any charge. You only have to prepare the expenses during the tour like admission fees, restaurant meals and drink, and transportation fees. All of your contribution (if applicable) will be used as a fund for Hanoikids development, not for personal purposes.
- Places are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If there is not any member available yet, your booking will be put in the waiting list. However, chance is that you will still be provided with the tour if we have enough members confirming to do tour on that day. During ten days prior to your trip date, you had better check your email regularly in case we have a spare tour.
- In case you book another tour with other similar organizationsat the same time as with Hanoikids, please notify us in advance. We will contact them to make the best arrangement for all sides involved.
- For any immediate assistance, you may give a ring to the Head of our Tour Operation Department: Ms. Lan at +84 162 865 3245 and she would be willing to help.
Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam
Tips for you
I had a lovely whole day tour with nhat showing me around the city, and giving me very helpful tips and suggestions for me to enjoy vietnam even more later on. It's far more than just sightseeing, but knowing the city from the view of a local. It's the cultural exchange and sharing that made the experience more fun. I enjoyed the special egg coffee, "com" ice cream and all the delicious Vietnamese food. I'm especially thankful that nhat has perfect english and knows a lot about her city, and that I learn much more about hanoi from her, than or else I had on my own. I would definitely recommend this tour!
We had a tour with two of the funniest guys ever!! Skywalker was great to chat to and his English was easy to understand his partner that we called Tom was more serious with perfect English together they showed us the very best of Hanoi. Everyone should do this tour, their knowledge and stories of Hanoi town were fascinating and informative.
I have just spent a lovely few hours with Duc who gave me a walking tour of Hanoi. He was very patient & his English was great. Duc was keen to tailor the tour to my needs. I would definitely recommend.
We went on the Hanoi day tour on our first full day in Vietnam. We were met by Bach as arranged at 9am in our hotel lobby. What a great decision this turned out to be. We started at the Ho Chi Min Mausoleum and the Ho Chi Min Complex. Bach was very informative and helped us get the protocol correct as we queued and went through the tour. He had a great sense of humour and set us some challenging questions that gave us food for thought. Next we went to the Temple of Literature where we were introduced to the Confucian philosophy and how it related to the design of the temple. He also made many contemporary reference which proved highly amusing and informative. For lunch, we asked him to take us somewhere local and we were rewarded by the best meal we had in Hanoi (and incidentally the cheapest). It was good enough that we went on a couple of missions to try to find it again, but it proved elusive. We walked this off around Sword Lake before asking Bach to help us do a bit of local shopping (at the local prices). During the whole day, Bach let us know about commons scams and advice on how to get a taxi. The tutorial on how to cross the road was a life saver, quite literally.