Activity 57 Ractchadamnoen Klang Rd Phranakorn Published on: 15-06-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Floating Markets Boat & Bike is special ?
- Get away for an exciting day out of the city. Visit a coconut plantation to see how coconut sugar is harvested and processed. Ride a wooden paddle boat through the famous floating market, Damnoen Saduak. Pedal to a first-rate Thai restaurant for a fabulous lunch on the Mae Khlong River. Back on the bike, experience how coconuts are processed for oil and meat. Wander the grounds of a tree covered temple, then wind down with a stroll through the historic Amphawa Weekend Market.
- This easy ride will show you these famous markets but the plus is that you also get to cycle the surrounding countryside through coconut groves, villages and small farms stopping off to visit our many friends along the way. This tour the perfect day escape from busy Bangkok.
What to explore at Floating Markets Boat & Bike?
- Pick up from your hotel within Bangkok centre area
We have a few non-cycling sites to see before hitting the bikes: the famous coconut sugar village, a local floating market, Tha Kha, with a canal boat ride. See vendors selling fruits, local Thai food, local Thai sweets, and creative souvenirs.
- Beautiful countryside cycling to Amphawa
After enjoying the floating market, start cycling through coconut farms, fruit plantations, visit an auspicious temple that is covered by all four types of Banyan tree, and an ancient army camp, before stopping in at Amphawa Floating Market which is more famous for local Thai visitors. Amphawa is a very crafty market with both boats selling food and shops selling all manner of craft products.
The total cycling distance is not more than 42km and is mostly on flat roads. Breaks are taken regularly at scheduled stops or at anyplace where we come across something interesting. And should you feel like resting your legs... no problem! Our support vehicle follows us all the way, so at any stage you're welcome to hop into the van and continue the tour from the comfort of our air-conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel Pickups
The Floating Market Boat & Bike and Ayutthaya by Bike include a hotel pickup with a van. For other tours hotel pickups with a van or sedan can be arranged upon request. Call for details.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and receive the following discounts:
? Ages 0 to 4 years 50% off
? Ages 5 to 12 years 30% off
? Ages 13 to 15 years 10% off
- Daily departures:
? Cancellations made 24 hours before departure will incur no cancellation fee.
? Cancellations made less than 24 hours before departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee. In this case the customer will have the option apply the credit for this tour to another Grasshopper Adventures tour in Thailand.
? Cancellations with 3 hours of departure or no shows cannot apply credit to another tour.
- Private departures:
? Cancellations inside 7 days from departure: 50% cancellation fee.
? Cancellations inside 3 days from departure: 100% cancellation fee
? Noshows will be treated as a last minute cancellation and will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
? Customers arriving late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason will be considered as a late cancellation and will result in loss of all payments made.
? Customers who voluntarily leave a tour early for any reason including not being of adequate ability to ride a bicycle at a sufficient level to do the tour will result in loss of all payments made
? Local English speaking guide
? Water and snacks while cycling
? Imported Merida Mountain Bikes and helmet (bike lights are provided for Night Bike Tour)
? 1 Meal on tours 6+ hours.
? All entrance fees
? 7% VAT
- Other services not including
57 Ractchadamnoen Klang Rd Phranakorn
Floating Markets Boat & Bike serves Private/Joined tour.
(1 - 1 participants.)314.00 USD
(2 - 2 participants.)224.00 USD
(3 - 3 participants.)125.00 USD
(4 - 4 participants.)182.00 USD
(5 - 9 participants.)126.00 USD
(10 - 15 participants.)112.00 USD