Restaurant Japan, 〒606-8205 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 左京区田中上柳町15ｰ2 Published on: 11-06-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Falafel Garden is special ?
Must try dishes:
- Falafel: Deep-fried balls of seasoned, mashed chickpeas, served with lettuce and vegetables and tahini sauce.
- Humus: Mashed chickpeas with salad
- Baba Ganush: Mashed eggplant with tahini and salad
- Avocado: Avocado, cottage cheese
- Chicken Kabab: Spicy Chicken with original sauce
How to get to Falafel Garden?
2min walk from Demachiyanagi Station Exit 7, Keihan line
- Beautiful healthy food that tastes amazing
- Nice people and delicious recipes
- Excellent food -- even by Israeli standards
- Great place to relax and cool off with great food
- A piece of the Mediterranean in Kyoto
- Noise level Small
- Budget Medium
- Alcohol YES
- Air condition NO
- Had kid menu NO
- Accept credit card YES
- Serve breakfast NO
- Serve halal NO
- Serve vegeterian YES
Japan, 〒606-8205 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 左京区田中上柳町15ｰ2
Lovely little restaurant with great falafel! The prices are higher than usual in Japan and the portions are quite small but, and this is why it is still deserving of 5 starts, the food is completely different from what is available everywhere else. Fresh fruit and veg is expensive in Japan. The ingredients to make Israeli food must be difficult to get hold of, so criticism based on portion size and price are a little harsh. That said, my husband, who is quite large, had the vegan plate and his healthy appetite was quite sated after he feasted on the various nutritious and fresh well-cooked middle eastern comestibles.
The best falafel in Kansai. If you're hungry don't be afraid to get the biggest portion. No need for any side dishes.