|08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Highlight of the city|
Connect with your inner farmer is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Connect with your inner farmer is special ?
If you’re looking to slow down in Vang Vieng, take some time out to spend at one of its two local farms. Mr. T’s Organic Farm is just to the north of downtown Vang Vieng, and specialises in producing mulberry juice and – believe it or not – goat cheese! By staying on at the farm, you’ll help out with daily tasks such as caring for the goats, feeding the guinea pigs, and assisting classes at the nearby community centre. There’s also the SAELAO Project, out by the Blue Lagoon, where a flat daily fee gets you room and 2 meals a day, plus the opportunity to volunteer with their daily English classes or gardening tasks. You might be planting tomatoes one day, then building a meditation dome the next – who knows? Best to dive into whatever tasks are on for the day, and then put your feet up and watch the sunset over their fish pond after a job well done.
How to get to Connect with your inner farmer?
1. The Vang Vieng Organic Farm is located in the village of Phoudindaeng (north of Vang Vieng), about 150km north of the capital city, Vientiane. We are perched on the banks of the Nam Song River amidst the jagged limestone mountains that surround the Nam Song valley.
We are a short 4km tuk-tuk or bike ride north of Vang Vieng town. Look for the white “Organic Farm” sign on the east side of the road or the high, yellow “Organic Farm Restaurant” sign on the west side. Turn down the dirt and rock road towards the river and follow it until you find us!
2. The SAE LAO Project is located in the quiet Nathong Village, 7km outside of Vang Vieng, near the tourist attractions of Poukham Cave and the Blue Lagoon. SAELAO is under 158 HG on this MAP.
The project is located in pristine, green surrounds consisting of about 3 hectares, including a pond, forest and fields.
If you are planning to volunteer with us, once you arrive in Vang Vieng town make your way to the SAE LAO founder’s guesthouse where we will arrange transportation to the SAELAO Project. The guesthouse is called Sengkeo Guesthouse, located on the main road of Vang Vieng next to Sisoumang temple (located on 193-HJ onthe Vang Vieng map).
Alternatively, you can catch a tuk-tuk from Vang Vieng to the Blue Lagoon, which is located next to Sae Lao. Tuk-tuks are quite expensive and cost about 150,000 kip for a whole group (approximately US$20).
- A comfortable stay with lovely people
- To contribute to the community
- For those who want to make a difference
- For both adult and kids
- Being a supportive volunteer
Vang Vieng, Laos
Tips for you
For more information: [email protected]Other
If you are staying with Mr.T's Organic Farm for a shorter period of time (one week or less) then you can avail of the standard accommodation options at the farm, which range from c. US$4 per person per night for a dormitory room to c. US$25 per night for a private en-suite bungalow to sleep up to 4 people.Service