Image copyrights belong to authors
Why City to Shore is special ?
- This is a unique tour, not offered by any other tour company, which takes you out of bustling Bangkok right to the water's edge of the Gulf of Thailand. We'll travel by bike, boat and train to a little visited part of Thailand populated by the local fish farmers and fishermen.
- Once out of the urban area we ride along dirt roads boarded by mangroves on one side and salt pans or fish farms on the other, stopping frequently to admire the unique wildlife such as kingfishers trying to catch their breakfast, or the protected and shy water monitors, some of which can reach upto 3 meters in length. But size is not everything and for most visitors the most peculiar of the fauna, are the mudskipper fish - they certainly give a new meaning to the proverbial saying 'a fish out of water'.
- Out here foreigners are a rarity, so as you gaze in amazement at the locals and their way of life, be prepared to be the object of scrutiny as well, as the locals will find you an interesting curiosity too. This is a perfect escape from the hussle and bussle of the city to wide open plains where the air is crisp and clean and the friendliness of the people will blow your mind.
- So, slap on the sunblock and sunglasses and be prepared for a full day of amazement. And don't forget your binoculars as this tour goes to a nature lover's paradise.
What to explore at City to Shore?
- Gather at the Grasshopper Shop
We meet at the Grasshopper Shop at 6:30 am. Tour will depart at 7 am sharp. After a quick bike fitting and briefing we head out by cycling to the local train station. En route we'll cross the Chao Phraya River by ferry and then take the back roads and alleyways to the station.
- Train out of Bangkok
An hour long train ride gives you a good opportunity to relax and see the shift from urban to rural as we head out of the city. After arriving at the train station we'll spend a short time wondering through the local market before taking the ferry across the river.
- Biking the Gulf
Once over the river a short ride will take us out of the urban area and to the start of some seriously exciting cycling - along dirt roads, around fish farms and salt pans all the way down to the Gulf where we'll have a delicious lunch at a water's edge restaurant. We continue traveling along the Gulf, through the fishing village and down on to the Mangrove Conservation Centre, the Tha Chin port and its temple - which has the most beautiful creamatorium in all of Thailand. Continuing through this little village we make our way back to the station for our trip home and a well deserved rest in the train.
- This tour is a total of 52km and will take about 9 hours, usually finishing at around 5:30pm but this is variable by group.
- Hotel Pick¬ups
The Floating Market Boat & Bike and Ayutthaya by Bike include a hotel pick¬up with a van. For other tours hotel pick¬ups with a van or sedan can be arranged upon request. Call for details.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and receive the following discounts:
? Ages 0 to 4 years ¬ 50% off
? Ages 5 to 12 years ¬ 30% off
? Ages 13 to 15 years ¬ 10% off
- Daily departures:
? Cancellations made 24 hours before departure will incur no cancellation fee.
? Cancellations made less than 24 hours before departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee. In this case the customer will have the option apply the credit for this tour to another Grasshopper Adventures tour in Thailand.
? Cancellations with 3 hours of departure or no shows cannot apply credit to another tour.
- Private departures:
? Cancellations inside 7 days from departure: 50% cancellation fee.
? Cancellations inside 3 days from departure: 100% cancellation fee
? No¬shows will be treated as a last minute cancellation and will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
? Customers arriving late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason will be considered as a late cancellation and will result in loss of all payments made.
? Customers who voluntarily leave a tour early for any reason including not being of adequate ability to ride a bicycle at a sufficient level to do the tour will result in loss of all payments made
? Local English speaking guide
? Water and snacks while cycling
? Imported Merida Mountain Bikes and helmet (bike lights are provided for Night Bike Tour)
? 1 Meal on tours 6+ hours.
? All entrance fees
? 7% VAT
- Other service not including
57 Ractchadamnoen Klang Rd Phranakorn
City to Shore serves Private/Joined tour.
(1 - 1 participants.)252.00 USD
(2 - 2 participants.)168.00 USD
(3 - 3 participants.)140.00 USD
(4 - 4 participants.)126.00 USD
(5 - 10 participants.)77.00 USD
(11 - 15 participants.)67.00 USD