Image copyrights belong to authors
Why Bike Historic Bangkok is special ?
- Historic Bangkok shows the true heart of this bustling city. Cycle the back roads and small lane ways to discover that there is more to this city than big roads full of traffic alongside high rise buildings.
- Riding the quiet 'soi' and lanes you will discover ancient temples and life by the Chao Phraya River and in the tiny lanes that make up much of the city. Many people ask us how we found our way through the labyrinth of streets that we take you on - the answer is simple: we ride every little lane way we can find. It has literary taken years to develop this tour. No-one knows historic Bangkok like us!
What to explore at Bike Historic Bangkok?
- Gather at the Grasshopper Shop
Meet at the Grasshopper Adventures Shop near Khao San Rd at 8:30am. The tour will depart at 9am sharp. After a quick bike fitting and briefing we head out. Staying off the roads we wind our way through small lane ways, past ancient temples and canals to see the heart and soul of Bangkok.
- Get out and ride
There are no particularly famous sights that you will see on this tour (our alternative name for the ride is "not famous Bangkok"). It is all about seeing the city away from the tourists and big roads, to see the real Bangkok where people live, work and play. We start with a ride along the Chao Phraya River and then cross the river using Rama 8 Bridge. From here we visit ancient temples and urban street life.
- Bangkok Noi
Bangkok Noi is the name given to a large canal of the Chao Phraya River. You'll ride alongside the canal through tiny alleyways that are home to a Muslim community. After crossing over a bridge you follow the canal back the other way, this time passing Buddhist temples - such is the diversity of the city when you get in close.
- Ferry back over the Chao Phraya
After using a local ferry to cross back over the river we ride close to the Grand Palace, take a walk through a public park that was once exclusively used by the royal family. After more twisting alleyways, riding through a food market and Buddha image wholesaling area you end up at the Giant Swing. The Giant Swing is one of the landmarks of the city and was once used for an important Hindu ceremony. From the Swing it is only a short ride back to the Grasshopper Shop.
- The tour usually takes 3-4 hours but this is variable by group. After the ride relax in our shop and enjoy a complimentary drink from our fridge. A nice end to a great morning out.
- Hotel Pick¬ups
The Floating Market Boat & Bike and Ayutthaya by Bike include a hotel pick¬up with a van. For other tours hotel pick¬ups with a van or sedan can be arranged upon request. Call for details.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and receive the following discounts:
? Ages 0 to 4 years ¬ 50% off
? Ages 5 to 12 years ¬ 30% off
? Ages 13 to 15 years ¬ 10% off
- Daily departures:
? Cancellations made 24 hours before departure will incur no cancellation fee.
? Cancellations made less than 24 hours before departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee. In this case the customer will have the option apply the credit for this tour to another Grasshopper Adventures tour in Thailand.
? Cancellations with 3 hours of departure or no shows cannot apply credit to another tour.
- Private departures:
? Cancellations inside 7 days from departure: 50% cancellation fee.
? Cancellations inside 3 days from departure: 100% cancellation fee
? No¬shows will be treated as a last minute cancellation and will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
? Customers arriving late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason will be considered as a late cancellation and will result in loss of all payments made.
? Customers who voluntarily leave a tour early for any reason including not being of adequate ability to ride a bicycle at a sufficient level to do the tour will result in loss of all payments made
? Local English speaking guide
? Water and snacks while cycling
? Imported Merida Mountain Bikes and helmet (bike lights are provided for Night Bike Tour)
? 1 Meal on tours 6+ hours.
? All entrance fees
? 7% VAT
Other services not including
57 Ractchadamnoen Klang Rd Phranakorn
Bike Historic Bangkok serves Private/Joined tour.
(1 - 1 participants.)100.00 USD
(2 - 2 participants.)70.00 USD
(3 - 3 participants.)56.00 USD
(4 - 4 participants.)50.00 USD
(5 - 9 participants.)31.00 USD
(10 - 15 participants.)21.00 USD