Activity Japan, 〒530-0001 Osaka Prefecture, Kita Ward, 梅田3丁目1番1号 Published on: 01-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why 1-Day Tokaido Fuji Tour is special ?
- View elegant Mt. Fuji from the Pacific Ocean side on this new 2016 Sunrise Tours product. This 1-Day tour takes participants to everything great in Shizuoka Prefecture, from Mt. Fuji to tea plantations, a post town along the Tokaido road, and ukiyo-e woodblock print art.
- Take a Shinkansen from Osaka and sightsee around Mt. Fuji, then continue on to Tokyo.
- Check out the view from 'Nihondaira', an elevated spot famous for its panorama outlook from which visitors can get a view of Japan's most prominent tea plantations, Mt. Fuji, and Suruga Bay.
- Also visit an art museum in the Tokaido road post town of Yui-shuku, featuring ukiyo-e woodblock print art by Utagawa Hiroshige, the last ukiyo-e master.
- Finally, enjoy the view of the mountain from Mt. Fuji's 2nd Station at an altitude of 1,500 meters.
What to explore at 1-Day Tokaido Fuji Tour?
07:00 - 07:10 Meet in the Hotel Granvia Osaka lobby
Please arrive by 7:10.
Show your reservation confirmation sheet at reception.
Hotel Granvia Osaka
Address: 3-1-1 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka TEL: 06-6344-1235
Access: within JR Osaka Station, to the right hand side of the Central Exit
07:40 - 10:15 Depart from Shin-Osaka Station (150 min)
Board a Tokaido Shinkansen (Hikari or Kodama) in the reserved section.
Staff will not board the Shinkansen with you.
10:30 Shizuoka Station
The tour will depart from Shizuoka Station by bus for sightseeing.
Nihondaira Ropeway Ride (5 min)
Board this 1,065-meter-long ropeway which connects the peak of Nihondaira and Kunozan Toshogu Shrine. From the ropeway window a view of Suruga Bay and, on clear days, Izu Peninsula, can be enjoyed.
Kunozan Toshogu Shrine (30 min)
A shrine dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, a shogun from the Edo period.
The main hall, ishi-no-ma, and worship hall are designated National Treasures. The shrine's beautiful lacquering and carvings are a must-see.
Nihondaira Ropeway Ride (5 min)
Take the ropeway to the top of Nihondaira.
Nihondaira Ocha Kaikan (20 min)
Tour the tea plantation here which looks out onto Mt. Fuji and Suruga Bay.
Taste testing of the Japanese tea made here is available, and tea can be purchased as well.
Shimizu (Eat lunch on your own) (50 min)
Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art (30 min)
The 16th post town along the Tokaido road, Yui-shuku is known around the world for the art museum featuring ukiyo-e woodblock prints by master Utagawa Hiroshige. Enjoy the museum which features approximately 1,400 ukiyo-e works.
Mt. Fuji 2nd Station (15 min)
Enjoy the view of the mountain from Mt. Fuji's 2nd Station at an altitude of 1,500 meters.
17:00 - 18:30 Depart from Mishima Station (90 min)
Board a Tokaido Shinkansen (Hikari or Kodama) in the reserved section. The Shinkansen will pass through Shin-Yokohama and Shinagawa.
18:30 - 20:00 Arrive at Tokyo Station
The tour disbands upon arrival at Tokyo Station. Please head to your next destination on your own from Tokyo Station.
1. Mt. Fuji may not be entirely visible even from Mt. Fuji's 2nd station, but the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued for this reason. Also, please note that during summer Mt. Fuji is difficult to see from Nihondaira, Shimizu and Yui areas.
2. Depending on road conditions and the operating situation of the Shinkansen, the visit to Nihondaira tea hall or Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art may be omitted from the itinerary. The tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued for this reason. Also, delays to the tour end time are expected.
3. When the Minami-Fuji Ever Green Line is closed due to ice, traffic accident or other reason, and the tour cannot reach the 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji, the tour will visit Susono Municipal Mt. Fuji Museum, Mt. Fuji Juku-no Mori (Mt. Fuji Visitor Center Juku Forest Park), or Iwamotoyama Park.
4. The 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji is about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius cooler than Tokyo. Especially on tours from autumn to spring, a coat and other warm clothing is necessary.
5. If Nihondaira ropeway operation is suspended due to inclement weather or maintenance, or depending on arrangements, the ropeway ride may be replaced with one of the following (the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued in such cases): Nihondaira Zoo, Seiken-ji Temple, Sunpujo Park, Shimizu Port Bay Cruise, Miho no Matsubara, Shiraito Falls, Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taisha Shrine, Mishima Taisha Shrine, Numazu Goyotei Memorial Park, etc.
6. On the outbound trip, participants are responsible for boarding the Shinkansen on their own, and a tour guide or assistant will meet them at Shizuoka Station. Also, in some cases a tour guide may not accompany participants on the return Shinkansen.
7. After sightseeing at Nihondaira, the tour may stop by Nippondaira Hotel.
8. The tour will climb the 100 steps at Kunozan Toshogu Shrine, so please wear shoes which are easy to walk in.
9. Depending on the number of participants, a minibus, mid-sized bus, or compact car may be used.
10. An additional JPY 500 must be paid to the guide on the day of the tour for each 4 to 5 year old child to ride Nihondaira Ropeway.
11. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
English-speaking guide, Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
Japan, 〒530-0001 Osaka Prefecture, Kita Ward, 梅田3丁目1番1号
Hotel Granvia Osaka lobby