Activity Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２ Published on: 01-07-2016
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why 1-Day Kyoto Tour is special ?
What to explore at 1-Day Kyoto Tour?
- Sunrise Tours Desk in Avanti / Depart from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit
- Pickup service is available at designated hotels in Kyoto. All transportation on this tour is by bus.
Nijo Castle (50 min)
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tour the historical castle completed in 1626, which was built to provide lodging for Tokugawa Shogun and as a palladium for Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- [Remarks] Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays (or Wednesday if Tuesday is a national holiday) in January, July, August, and December and over the New Year's holidays. On these days, the tour will visit Ryoan-ji Temple.
Kinkaku-ji Temple (45 min)
- Visit this World Heritage Site, also known as the Golden Pavilion. The wooden architecture is covered in thin layers of pure gold and is surrounded by a beautiful pond.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace (except Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and specific days) (40 min)
- Entry of international visitors generally requires application in advance, but participants of this tour can enter only by going through a brief procedure.
- [Remarks] On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. The same is true of the period before and after the public viewing of Kyoto Imperial Palace in spring and autumn, May 14 - 17 due to the Aoi Festival, year-end/New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event.
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and specific days) (40 min)
- This shrine's main hall is a designated national treasure and is famous for housing the God of scholarship. The shrine is especially great to see during the plum blossom and autumn leaf seasons.
- [Remarks] On Jan. 25, Apr. 25, Jul. 25 and Oct. 25, 2015, and on June 25, Sept. 25, and Dec. 25, 2016, Nishi Hongan-ji Temple will be visited instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.
Lunch (Japanese/Western style buffet lunch) (50 min)
Heian Jingu Shrine (25 min)
- Don't miss the characteristic red architecture of this beautiful shrine built to celebrate the 1101 year anniversary of the founding of the city of Kyoto.
- [Remarks] This tour will not enter Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en garden.
- During the Jidai Festival on October 22, Heian Jingu Shrine is closed to the public and will be replaced in the itinerary by Chishaku-in Temple. If the Jidai Festival is postponed, the itinerary change will still be implemented on the postponed festival date.
Sanjusangen-do Temple (30 min)
- Visit the world's longest wooden structure, housing 1,001 life-size statues of Buddhist Kannon deities dating back to the 13th century.
Kiyomizu-dera Temple (70 min)
- The view of Kyoto from the World Heritage Site of Kiyomizu-dera is superb. The historic shopping lane that leads to the temple adds to a wonderful experience.
17:30 - 18:30
- Drop-off Service
- From Kiyomizu-dera Temple to each hotel
- [Remarks] During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 14 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- English-speaking guide, Lunch, Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２