Activity Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２ Published on: 01-07-2016
|08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Japan, ?601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, ????????????|
|Highlight of the city|
1-Day Kyoto & Nara Tour is good for
- Highly recommended by fellow travellers.
Image copyrights belong to authors
Why 1-Day Kyoto & Nara Tour is special ?
1. This package is a combination of the Kyoto Morning Tour and Kyoto Afternoon Tour, plus lunch!
2. Visit the most famous sightseeing spots in Kyoto and Nara, including a World Heritage Site.
3. Participants will surely enjoy this tour which goes around two historical cities.
What to explore at 1-Day Kyoto & Nara Tour?
- Sunrise Tours Desk in Avanti / Depart from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit
- Pickup service is available at designated hotels in Kyoto. All transportation on this tour is by bus.
- Nijo Castle (50 min)
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tour the historical castle completed in 1626, which was built to provide lodging for Tokugawa Shogun and as a palladium for Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- [Remarks] Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays (or Wednesday if Tuesday is a national holiday) in January, July, August, and December and over the New Year's holidays. On these days, the tour will visit Ryoan-ji Temple.
Kinkaku-ji Temple (45 min)
- Visit this World Heritage Site, also known as the Golden Pavilion. The wooden architecture is covered in thin layers of pure gold and is surrounded by a beautiful pond.
Kyoto Imperial Palace (Mondays to Fridays) (40 min)
- Entry of international visitors generally requires application in advance, but participants of this tour can enter only by going through a brief procedure.
- [Remarks] On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. The same is true of the period before and after the public viewing of Kyoto Imperial Palace in spring and autumn, May 14 - 17 due to the Aoi Festival, year-end/New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event.
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and specific days) (40 min)
- This shrine's main hall is a designated national treasure and is famous for housing the God of scholarship. The shrine is especially great to see during the plum blossom and autumn leaf seasons.
- [Remarks] On Jan. 25, Apr. 25, Jul. 25 and Oct. 25, 2015, and on June 25, Sept. 25, and Dec. 25, 2016, Nishi Hongan-ji Temple will be visited instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.
Lunch (Japanese/Western style buffet lunch) (50 min)
From Kyoto to Nara (70 min)
- Head to Nara via the Nara Keinawa Expressway
Nara Park & Todai-ji Temple (Great Buddha) (60 min)
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is the symbol of the Nara Period and one of the world's largest wooden structures. Its huge main hall and bronze Great Buddha are impressive to behold.
Kasuga Taisha Shrine (40 min)
- This Nara Period shrine is designated as a World Heritage Site. The deer of Nara Park are thought to be the shrine messengers.
- [Remarks] The tour will not enter areas requiring admission.
Nara Nagomikan (20 min)
- The largest souvenir shop in Nara. Enjoy looking for the perfect souvenir in this spacious shop.
- [Remarks] This location may be omitted from the itinerary due to business hours or traffic congestion.
18:30 - 19:30
- Drop-off Service
- To hotels in Kyoto City
- [Remarks] During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 14 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
English-speaking guide, Lunch, Other admission fees and transportation costs included in the tour
Japan, 〒601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, 南区東九条北烏丸町９−２
Japan, ?601-8017 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, ????????????